Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Fad Of Herbal Supplements

Herbal supplements aren’t really a fad. Herbal remedies, whether on the shelves of health food stores or concocted from home, have been around for centuries. Herbal supplements and their use around the global aren’t going away. There has been a recent burst in the use of some herbal supplements – yes – such as Echinacea – not because folks weren’t using them consistently before now. No, the reason these herbal supplements seem to have burst on the scene is because of the proliferation of available information by way of the Internet, by the preponderance of broadband accessibility by private individuals who in the past have labored through the frustration of waiting for dial up – or perhaps had no computer until recently, and by the increased cost and decreased availability of quality affordable medical care.

Social networking sites such as MySpace and YouTube also help to get the word out about herbal supplements, as well as online merchant or directory sites such as http://Amazon.com that not only make the herbal supplements easy to pay for and obtain right from home, but also allow for innovative calls to action such as opt-in emails.

So herbal supplements are all the rage at this point in time and major supercenters and retailers that had not commonly carried the natural food supplements are now struggling to keep up with demand and keep these healthy goods on their store shelves. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Safeway, Kroger, Fred Meyer and the myriad of other big name stores now sell Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, glucosamine, Echinacea, valerian, and all sorts of vitamins, minerals, and naturally occurring nutrients. Many not only care the major labels for these herbal supplements but have introduced their own store’s label.

What’s very interesting about this new demand for herbal over the counter drugs is that in a society that is so litigious – in the case of the United States – and so quick to demand restitution – that so many would demand such multitudes of unregulated products. Herbal supplements are never tested and never regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA.) There is no warning label on these bottles, no protective coating around each individual caplet that tells you they’ve not been tampered with. Yet, people still imbibe in record numbers.

It’s important, therefore, that those who take herbal supplements educate themselves and tread with care. There are a number of nutritional and natural foods Web sites that offer help in the decision on what herbal supplement to take, how much of it to take, and when to take it. Many supplements should only be taken for limited time periods, while others are contraindicated if you are taking specific prescribed or over the counter medications. It’s important that you know these things and follow the guidance of herbal supplement experts. While your family doctor may be some help here a naturopath, homeopathic professional or even pharmacist is generally going to be the wiser advisor when it comes to herbal supplements.



By: Dustin Cannon -

Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
Dustin Cannon is owner of JustArticlesVIP.com and writes on a variety of subjects. To learn more about this topic Dustin recommends you visit: Worldwide Shopping Mall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your blog. Good information on Herbal stuff. I agree that herbal is the way to go but for some ailments alopathy is still preferable. I live in Hyderabad, and since I have sensitive health issues, I have always needed to go to pharmacists who have my medicines in stock. The problem with these new chains like MedPlus and Apollo is that the medicine stock is not suffice and also the service is poor. Whenever you call for home delivery they cannot do the same day and also when they deliver the order is never delivered correctly, some medicine or other is missing. I had success with this pharmacy called MedEx that does home delivery, in fact they don’t have a retail store-front. You call MedEx at 040-40 11 50-11 and they have a qualified pharmacist who takes the order and the “complete” delivery is sent out promptly to your home. Since I know my medicines that I need, I just order directly from MedEx - no docs needed any more.

Achima Abelard said...

My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer.Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..WhatsApp phone number+ 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.